The Home-2-School program is designed to partner with homeschool families to provide a flexible educational program that best fits your student’s needs.
In the 2019-2020 school year, VCS launched it’s new homeschool program/ homeschool connection. This alternative program provides families with the resources and support to teach at home, along with the benefits of a quality Christ-centered education.
Our kindergarten through 5th grade hybrid homeschool program allows each individual family to choose the instruction that benefits their child most, while still being a part of a larger, Christ-centered, educational community. K-5 homeschool families can access the following:
- 7 hours of classroom instruction per week, with specific classes chosen by each family in order to best fit each student’s needs
- An option to participate in leveled math classes so that each homeschool student can take math at their developmental level
- Access to curriculum and teacher lesson plans, with classroom teacher support
Participation in K-5 chapel
- Some students may have access to lunch and recess participation in order to provide community, peer relationships, and the development of social skills (depends on hours of attendance chosen by the parent)
- Access to after school enrichment classes, music conservatory and athletics (additional program cost)
- Field trips (additional cost)
Middle and high school homeschool students have different needs. As families navigate options for high school graduation, college, and career options VCS hybrid homeschool program will serve as an important partner. Students can choose to take any open academic course at VCS, paying a per class fee. Students in grades 6th – 12th have access to the following:
|Home 2 School - Middle School and High School Features||Included in Option 1||Included in Option 2|
|Participation in Chapel|
|Access to All Course Offerings including fine arts and AP courses|
|Report cards provided for courses taken at VCS|
|Academic records (CUM files maintained by VCS)|
|High school Diploma Issued|
Grade 8-12 PSAT testing
Grade 6-8 IOWA testing
|College and Career Counseling||**|
|Participation in dances and other campus activities|
|Allowed to Vote in Student Council Sponsored Elections|
* Fee applies. Inclusion must be requested at the beginning of the school year.
** Once per year.
For more information on the VCS Home-2-School Connection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our admissions office at (707) 446-1776 ext.1614. To apply to our Home 2 School Connection program, please visit our Admissions page.
Elementary School Day
8:20 a.m. – 3:10 p.m.
MS/HS School Day
7:40 a.m. – 2:50 p.m.
2:30 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.
SCHEDULE A TOUR
Setup an appointment now or call/ email for a tour.