Creating a safe, stable place where children feel they belong.
Our administrators, faculty, and staff are aware of the challenges and threats facing our students and society as a whole, from bullying to alcohol and drug use. In order to create a safe, stable place where children feel they belong:
- We have a zero tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol.
- We have an anti-bullying policy in place. We’re aware bullying is a growing problem in all schools, and our pledge is to be ahead of the curve in training our staff to prevent bullying before it ever begins.
- Internet safety is important to us. We follow protocols in our classrooms and guide parents to websites detailing best practices.
- VCS provides on campus security during normal school hours. The security guard regularly patrols the entire campus.
- VCS has a camera equipped keyless entry system in the high school and will soon have one installed in the elementary school.
- Our school regularly confers with local fire and police departments to ensure we are trained in best practices. Students regularly participate in all types of safety drills.
Click here to view our VCS Health and Safety Plan, 2022-2023.