Preschool Classrooms (2-1/2 year olds to 4-1/2 year olds)
Our Facility Number is 480104414.
The curriculum in the Early Education Department at VCS is planned in such a way as to maximize opportunities to reach goals we have set for the children. Through our daily, weekly, and monthly lesson plans we take an active role in defining the environment and providing each child with a balanced and individualized program, designed to reinforce each child's development.
Academic curriculum is carefully balanced with ample time for children to grow socially and emotionally. Chapel times and Bible Lessons provide the special times and stories needed to encourage spiritual growth and development. Because children learn best through "hands on" exploration, we do not limit lessons to audio/visual learning. From exploring our community and environment, circle time, drama, and much more, our children are guided in carefully planned activities that are enriching to their growth.
Children in the Early Education Program learn best when learning is fun. Each teacher strives to create exciting and worthwhile activities to bring letters, numbers, Bible times etc. to life. Teachers plan carefully so that children will be challenged but not frustrated, and be stimulated but not overwhelmed.
Preschool instruction includes, but is not limited to:
- Bible Times - Along with our regular curriculum and memory program, our Bible training will focus on Christian character traits such as love, honesty, respect and obedience.
- Science - learning about nature and our environment
- Letters - recognition and sound
- Numbers - recognition, counting, concepts and sequencing
- Painting - recognizing colors, motor development, pre-writing skills, artistic expression
- Music - rhythm and singing, movement and dance, social interaction, games and drama, group interaction
- Stories - promotes interest in books, builds vocabulary, new experiences, relaxation and fun, sharing and enjoying quiet times
- Coloring - pre-writing, self expression, spatial relationships, fine motor skills
- Field Trips - learning about their environment, the world around us, community helpers, using our 5 senses.
- Drama - each year the children learn new songs, Bible verses, and poems. Preschool presents several musical productions each year.
Preschool Daily Activities
Morning Class: 8:00am - 12:00pm/ All Day Class: 7:00am - 6:00pm
7:00 a.m. Regular opening time
Vacaville Christian Schools Preschool opens daily with supervised indoor play. This is a friendly, informal time. Each child is greeted by name as he/she arrives. He is encouraged to put his/her lunch in his/her cubby and to hang up his/her sweater or jacket. The teacher will suggest that he/she find an activity to do with the other children-toys and manipulatives are varied throughout the week. Table toys, puzzles, coloring, cutting, building, creative play time, housekeeping and reading books.
8:30 a.m. Bible Story Time: Each day we begin class with a Bible story, Bible memory verse, and prayer.
Academic Readiness Activities: Children will explore in the following areas:
- Art & Science
- Shapes and colors
- Letters and numbers
- Language development
- Fine motor skills & activities
- Sensory perception
- Math Concepts
- Music and rhythms will be alternated with readiness activities
- Recess, snack, and restroom breaks
Outdoor Activities: This is a time to relax and run and play with friends. Large muscles and coordination are developed by:
- Gross motor skills
- Sandbox play
- Group games and activities
- Snack break/Bathroom break
11:30 p.m.Dismissal for "Class Only" Children
11:30 p.m. Lunchtime for "All Day" Children: social time for conversation and for the children to participate in and observe social behavior and manners. (Children may help in preparation and clean-up depending on the age group.)
12:00 p.m. Outside play; class only children dismissed
12:30 p.m. Naptime: supervised rest period. (Bathroom break precedes and follows naptime).
Following naptime a mid-afternoon snack is served.
3:15 p.m. Indoor and outdoor activities including large and small motor development activities.
6:00 p.m. Preschool and Extended Learning close
Goals and Objectives
Before the new school year begins, you and your child will have an opportunity to visit the Preschool and meet your teacher. Your child will be able to see his/her classroom, where they will sit, have a special place for their backpack, meet the teacher and much more!
If your child has any special circumstances that require a teacher conference, please let your child's teacher know so she can set up a time at school.
For preschool registration information, go to Admissions>Applications and download an application.