The vision: The School's primary objective is to instill the importance of presenting each student perfect in Christ, throughout the student's academic, athletic and fine arts experience.
- Develop the head
- Develop the heart
- Develop the hands
- Develop the faculty/staff
'We proclaim Him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.' Colossians 1:28 The goal of VCS is to present each student "perfect" in Christ by sharing Jesus with them, connecting them with other Christians and encouraging them to be followers of Christ by growing in their love of God and serving others.
1) Develop the head: Develop and teach from a Biblical curriculum that is true to God's Word and teaches the factual and practical applications of Christ's life.
2) Develop the heart: Teach students that a vibrant life of following Jesus is "lived out" as one grows to love God and serve others. Our students move from a knowledge to a transformation of a life lived through an understanding of Christ.
3) Develop the hands: Our students will model their faith by serving others in their family, school and community.
4) Develop the faculty/staff: It is the responsibility of the faculty and staff to pastor and shepherd the each other so that they, in turn, can mentor and nurture the students to be followers of Jesus Christ.
The vision: VCS Academics exists to provide students with a strong Christian educational background which will prepare them for further study after completing study at our school.
- Early Education
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
The goal of the overall academic program is to develop and strengthen each student's knowledge and abilities in a wide range of curricular areas including mathematics, science, language arts, social studies and foreign language. This is done by providing a sound teaching environment, led by committed and qualified teachers, who teach a proven and accredited curriculum to our students.
1) Early Education: The purpose of academics within the Early Education division is to prepare the children for further study in a variety of ways. Through the use of directional instructions the children are introduced to new concepts, led through guided practice, assisted in learning new skills, encouraged to discover through hands-on exploration and learn basic Christian principles.
2) Elementary School: Within our elementary school, we establish a structured educational environment so that our students can grow to their full academic potential. Our students will master the foundations of the basic educational skills, which prepare them for middle school studies, while remaining true to our Christian principles.
3) Middle School: Our Middle School offers opportunities for our students to grow confidently as individuals, to take risks, to solve problems, to make a difference in a safe, supportive Christian environment. Our teachers develop the students to use their analytical skills, academic talents and work ethic in preparation for their high school studies.
4) High School: Our High School prepares students for their college education and future career by developing their individual academic responsibility, participating in rigorous academic evaluation within a sound Christian educational environment. This is accomplished by dedicated teachers leading the students through a strong college prep curriculum enhanced with a variety of Advanced Placement courses.
The vision: VCS Athletics exists to provide a quality program for student athletes on and off the athletic field and courts. To that end, our students will bring honor to Him, be part of a Christian team, and develop to their full potential as an athlete under the direction of a Christ centered coach.
- Honor to Him
- Develop the team
- Develop the athlete
- Develop the coach(s)
Each athlete, coach, and staff member involved in the VCS athletic program will be held to a character standard that is exemplified in Scripture. All conduct on and off the playing field will bring glory to Christ, in the actions with other students, staff, fans, officials, and opponents; all student athletes are students first then athletes.
1) Honor to Him: Col. 3:17 "...whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus..."
2) Develop the team: It is the purpose of the athletic program to teach and guide student athletes in the goal of commitment to the team. The coach will be responsible in developing team unity on and off the field.
3) Develop the athlete: It is the purpose of the athletic program to expose, develop, and train student athletes in the disciplines of competition within Christian environment.
4) Develop the coach(s): It is the responsibility of each department's Athletic Director to develop, train and teach the coaching staff to implement the Christian athletic vision of VCS.
The vision: VCS Fine Arts exists to enhance the depth and breadth of their expression and intuitive responses. Each art will be accompanied by a historical interpretation so that students can understand the critical role of fine arts as it defines a culture.
- Life Skills
The goal of the Fine Arts Department is to maximize each student's exposure to a variety of artistic areas, both practical and theoretical. The Fine Arts Department will endeavor to encourage the freedom of expression while maintaining a commitment to exemplify the Christian values and moral integrity of our school.
1) Art: It is the purpose of the art department to explore the areas of visual art and art history. Through the study of various areas including drawing, painting and sculpture, students will explore creativity while learning the fundaments of each medium.
2) Music: The music department will study aspects of singing, playing instruments, and reading music in addition to the inquiry of music's impact on culture. The goals of this department should include performing, creating, listening/analyzing/evaluating and discovering different types of music.
3) Drama: It is the purpose of the drama department to prepare students to explore expression through storytelling, verse memorization and creative writing while remaining true to the mission of the school.
4) Life Skills: It is the purpose of Life Skills to guide and enhance the personal growth and development of our students through teaching of thinking and reasoning, communication and social/civic responsibility. Through the disciplines of speech, community service, debate and conflict resolution, students will be taught to enhance their overall ability to defend and apply their Christian beliefs throughout their lives.
The vision: VCS Advancement exists to provide the school with financial means to accomplish the educational ministry delineated by the Mission Statement.
- Alumni Relations
To that end, Advancement will endeavor to become a premier operation driven by attention to detail, service to the alumni and friends, inspired and creative thought, intense focus on results and unquestionable loyalty to the goals and beliefs of VCS.
1) Admissions: It is the purpose of the admissions department to process prospective students from initial inquiry through to either enrollment or rejection in a timely and professional manner.
2) Development: It is the purpose of the development department to identify and collect God's financial resources needed to enable VCS to continue its mission now and in the future.
3) Alumni Relations: It is the purpose of the Alumni relations department to serve, track, locate and communicate with alumni to further their participation in school activities.
4) Marketing: It is the purpose of the marketing department to present the school to our present and perspective families, donors and businesses who support our school.